Saturday 11 February 2012

A response to Rachel V's Post "Jesus: I'll be Back"

Rachel,


I totally agree with you that Koslovic's model can be applied to pretty much any hero. It's actually difficult to try and find a hero that does not fit the majority of attributes in the model. Maybe it's not so much a matter of being a Christ-like figure as much as how the general population views their heroes. Some of the characteristics that Koslovic lays out are so basic they'd have to apply to the main character of any movie. I mean, being "Central" or an "Outsider" or something as basic as having blue eyes makes you a Christ-like figure?

This kind of coincides with the other point I wanted to highlight in your blog. You stated that Optimus Prime being Christ-like didn't help the franchise, or draw in more of an audience, but I think you answered your own question. According to Koslovic characters like Optimus Prime are "Christ-like figures" but the characteristics used to describe a "Christ-like figure" are so vague, it helped just because any person would appreciate anyone who has those characteristics. 



Anyways that was my 2 cents, all in all I really liked your view on the Koslovic article.

Transformers are awesome. 



- Adrian D


http://gospelaccordingtobuddychrist.blogspot.com/2012/02/jesus-ill-be-back.html

No comments:

Post a Comment